[Peace] Who'd be there if we hold a Main Event tomorrow 1/2 2-4pm?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 1 12:18:37 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 09:54:36AM -0600, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> The high tomorrow is predicted to be 12 degrees Fahrenheit.
>
> Shall we cancel the demo scheduled for 2-4pm at Neil & Main in Champaign?
>
> I think my Southern blood is too thin for that...  --CGE

I'd be inclined to go ahead and demonstrate tomorrow,
*if* say at least 3 others intend to be there too, for at
least an hour.  Anyone game?  Please speak up if so.

(Otherwise I'll spend Sat afternoon at work, more comfortably
but less satisfyingly.)

If we do hold a Main Event, we could hand out Carl's
Afghanistan flyer again, or perhaps could print one
of the articles about the international march to Gaza --
it would be good to draw people's attention to that
if we can avoid frostbite.  Anyone have a favorite *concise* article?
Democracy Now, Christian Science Monitor, Agence France Presse,
and the BBC have all been variously covering it -- probably others
too -- but there hadn't been much in the US mainstream media
as Just Foreign Policy pointed out..