[Peace] huge favor Illinois senate bill

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 09:44:27 CDT 2010

Dear Friends,
[names have been changed to protect the innocent]
In March 2002, my husband at the time, Keith, was accused of having
consentual sex with a minor. I think the accuser was 15 at the time.

Since then, the accuser has appealed to have my ex-husband absolved of
all the charges. The Illinois governor at that time was Blagojevich,
who was not taking the job of governor very seriously so Blagojavich
failed to decide on the requests from the courts.

Since 2002, my ex-husband has been regarded as a sex offender. He
received 2 years of probabation and that sentence has long been over.
He registers every year and every time he moves. Still, he is
constantly under attack by the neighbors in the neighborhood where he
and his new wife live with their 4-year-old daughter, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth suffers the most. She is isolated socially from other children.

And now an Illinois state senate bill on sex offenders will further
restrict what people like Keith can and cannot do.

I know that it is hard to decide between protecting children and
protecting convicted sex offenders who have served their sentences.
We all know that the justice system wrongly convicts people sometimes,
but the second offense here is that they also lump sex offenses into a
single catagory. I ask you to consider contacting the governor's
office, as my ex-husband's email below pleads us to do.

Sincerely,
-karen medina