[Peace] "My Own Four Walls" movie Wed. March 31 / Channing-Murray

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 21:49:26 CDT 2010

"My Own Four Walls"
Wednesday, March 31
7:00PM
The Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 West Oregon, Urbana

Free showing of this documentary film with discussion and refreshments
to follow.

These courageous young people, with parents and without; staying in
shelters, motels, abandoned buildings, doubled-up, living in vans,
substandard trailers, or as "couch surfers" hopping from one fragile
living arrangement to another have one important thing in common: They
all have hopes and dreams just like children who have their own four
walls.
More than 30,636 of Illinois's children experience homelessness each
year. What factors are contributing to this growing statistic and how
can we ameliorate conditions in our own communities?

Sponsored by The Channing-Murray Foundation, The Wesley Foundation,
The Social Action Committee of the Unitarian Universalist Church of
Urbana-Champaign

believed to be clean.