[Peace] March 20th Event Update - Call on Thursday

Jim Duffett jduffett at cbhconline.org
Wed Mar 17 09:53:39 CDT 2010

UPDATE FOR MARCH 20TH

1) Next Conference Call - Thursday - 18th - 8pm
Conference Details
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2010
Start Time: 8:00 PM
End Time: 8:55 PM
Type of Conference: Web-Scheduled Standard
Dial-in Number: 1-218-936-4700
Participant Access Code: 875398

2) Update from call on Tuesday
- Logistics:
	- all groups will be working together
	- bullhorn will be used
	- we will try to use a pick-up truck in the parking lot nearest the
side walk as the speakers platform - all folks should gather around it
	- we will fight to stay on the side walk (right in front of the I
Hotel and Conference Center and not be pushed across the street
	- folks should feel free to use the parking lot of the I Hotel - it
will be hard for them to figure out whose vehicle to tow, plus the
parking
		lot at the Assembly Hall should be available
	- not going to use shoes -- turnout is more important
	- everyone should be their signs
	- asking key folks to be there by 10:15am -- program to begin at 11am
	- each group should develop 3-4 of their own chants
	- Stewart has letter from City of Champaign stating that the public
can use the side walk for pickets (will bring copies)
	- Chris will have 1-2 folks as reps. to talk to police (others can
join)

- Turnout: #s (65-100 right now)
	- Use all available list-serves
		-  C-U progressives (Bob will follow-up, Jim has sent alerts to,
but nothing has gone out)
		- Move-on (Bob)
		- Aware and others (Chirs)
		- CU Dems (Bob)
		- CBHC (Jim)
		- Facebook (Bob will develop and send out - for folks to sign up)
		- Others - please pursue all

- Speakers:
	- M.C -
	- JWJ:  (1-2) Bob or Gene or Justus
	- Catholic Workers: (Aaron/World Harvest/
	- CBHC: (Jim, small business and/or other story sharer)
	- IRAQ war vet:  Chris to contact Jesse or Stewart to talk to ? Jake
	- Other:
		- Will know by noonish Wednesday if Jesse Jackson
		- ? Champaign AFL
		- ? on State AFL
		- Jim will pursue Gill

- Media:
	- Draft advisory circulated (comments needed)
	- Jim will use their email list and fax list
	- Bob will make calls
	- Advisory to go out Thursday and Friday
	- Other posts:
		- IMC (Bob)
		- DI and N-G web-posts (Jim)

Jim Duffett
jduffett at cbhconline.org

Call Senator Durbin and tell him "we will have your back, we need you
to continue to have our back in DC for a strong and robust public
option."
Call him today at 1-888-801-4426

JOIN CBHC Today
www.cbhconline.org
(w) 217.352.5600
(f) 217.352.5688
(c) 217.840.5850

Donate $10 today in support of health care reform and have your
donation matched by the Nathan Cummings Foundation: http://
www.razoo.com/story/Mg2010-Midwest-Campaign-For-Better-Health-Care

believed to be clean.