[Peace] 3 "new mascot now" events / Administration Friday 10/22 noon / Assembly Hall Saturday 5pm / Unity at the ARC 6:30pm Saturday

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:57:03 CDT 2010

3 EVENTS for the NEW MASCOT NOW!:

1) NEW MASCOT NOW! Rally at Swanlund
Friday, October 22nd
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
In front of Swanlund Administration Building (corner of John and Sixth Streets)

Join us as we let the Administration know it is time to move past the
former "Chief" mascot and unite behind a new mascot.

2) NEW MASCOT NOW! Rally at Assembly Hall
Saturday, October 23rd
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Meet outside of Assembly Hall

Join us as we rally to show how events like "The Next Dance"
perpetuate a racial stereotype, divide our campus, and prevent us from
moving forward as a campus. Our pARCtying for Unity event will follow
this event.

3) pARCtying for Unity
Saturday, October 23rd
6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
ARC Multipurpose Room 6

After our Rally at Assembly Hall, we will be providing the campus with
a genuinely entertaining party to serve as an alternative to "The Next
Dance."

-----
Co-sponsoring organizations:

I-Resist Coalition
MEChA de UIUC
CU Citizens for Peace and Justice
Critical Research Collaborative
Campus Antiwar Network
Interfaith, Atheists, Agnostics and Humanists
Students for Justice in Palestine
ISO
eQuality C-U
Four Walls and a Roof
Undergraduate-Graduate Alliance
Amnesty International
Planners Network UC Chapter
Muslim Student Association
Latina/o Studies Graduate Student Organization
Minority Leadership Group
Black Men's Organization
Radical Education for Autonomous Persons
Pride

Facebook information about Students for a United Illinois:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Students-for-a-United-Illinois/166953676654822
Rally at Swanlund:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149141665129499&index=1
New Mascot Rally at Assembly Hall: