[Peace] come and share your reasons for being against this war with Dr. Gill / Tuesday, 5pm-6pm / UPTV 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, IL

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 26 23:06:52 CDT 2010

The program tonight as broadcast showed a remarkable development to David Gill's
views on the US war in the Middle East.  (Gill is the no-hope Democratic
candidate running against the Republican incumbent, Tim Johnson, for the local
congressional seat.)  He even struggled to modify the statement - his statement
- read by a member of the panel at the beginning of the program!

One can see why - that statement is a tissue of lies. What he said tonight -
together with that statement - is a painful exercise in misrepresentation - both
of his own views and those of his opponent.  That has of course been the
practice of the Democrats since the beginning of this phase of the Long War.

See the statement here:
<http://www.gill2010.com/issues/foreign-policy/afghanistan/>.

We might actually get a debate on the war if people have a chance to see how
disingenuous Gill's statement  is - even with his "evolutions" on tonight's
program.

Gill's major charge against Johnson is that he "doesn't support the troops" - a
made-up Bushism.  But Gill's prevarications and misrepreentations have deprived
the local voters of a real debate on the war - which looked liked happening,
when Jophnson siad he was wrong to vote for the invasions of Afgahsnitan and
Iraq, and pledged to vote against any more money for war in the Mideast - and he
is voting that way.   Gill still won't make that pledge, as a close examination
of his statement shows.

Both parties have worked hard to make sure that next week's election is
meaningless - and have largely succeeded. It will not, most importantly, be a
vote on the war. We should therefore be working to stir up people across the
political spectrum on the military and economic betrayals of the current
president and Congress.

The question is, Whom are we going to allow Barack Obama to kill going forward,
and why?

Some people are talking about what Obama and the Democratas are actually doing.
Contrast Chris Floyd's remarks, as follows, with Gill's evasions, above:

"...Friends, it's very simple: if you support Barack Obama and the Democrats --
even if reluctantly, even if you're just being all sophisticatedly super-savvy
and blogospherically strategic about it, playing the "long game" or
eleven-dimensional chess or what have you -- you are supporting the outright
murder of innocent people who have never done anything against you or yours. You
have walked into a house, battered down the bedroom door, put the barrel of a
gun against the temple of a sleeping child, and pulled the trigger. That is what
you are supporting, that is what you are complicit in, that is what you yourself
are doing."

Full article at
<http://chris-floyd.com/articles/1-latest-news/2035-obamas-finest-hour-killing-innocent-people-for-qmade-up-crapq.html>.