[Peace] (more Oct 16th info) Re: Take to the streets of Chicago Oct 16th ride info

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 24 20:42:05 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 07:19:40AM -0500, Samuel Yergler wrote:
> Hey, All you peace loving people in CU:
>
> Do you want to attend a region wide peace march on the streets of downtown
> Chicago? I am organizing a trip up to Chicago to attend this event:
>
> http://m20coalition.net/
>
> *SATURDAY OCTOBER 16TH RALLY AND MARCH. THE MIDWEST SAYS: *
> *END THE WARS AND OCCUPATIONS NOW *
> *MONEY FOR HUMAN NEEDS NOT CORPORATE GREED*
> We will be leaving Champaign around 9am on Sat Oct 16 and returning that
> evening. Please RSVP ASAP so I can get an idea of the number of people that
> we need to accommodate for. Also if you can offer a vehicle or are able to
> drive please let me know. Please email me back if you have any interest in
> going.
> *LET YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BY TAKING TO THE STREETS!!!*

More news on the Oct 16th march/rally, also on Facebook as event named
 "Oct. 16th Midwest Regional March for Peace & Justice",
and on the web sites below...

Main points:
   - They have flyers, maps, etc.
   - They're helping organize local "transportation centers" for
	people traveling to Chicago (like us!)
   - A teach-in is happening the evening before, on Oct. 15th;
	overnight housing available
   - This Saturday 9/25, at 11AM, there'll be an organizing meeting
	in Chicago; there is a call-in number below for those
	who'd like to participate in planning

(from Andy Thayer)

Subject: Many new materials for anti-war march available @ Saturday's meeting

Hi everyone,

An array of publicity materials for the big October 16th Midwest Regional
Anti-War March will be available at this Saturday's general meeting.  Please
make a point of coming by yourself to pick them up, or get a volunteer from
your organization to do so.

The meeting is at 11 AM at the office of the 8th Day Center for Justice, 205 W
Monroe Street, 5th floor (wheelchair accessible).  As always, due to security
arrangements for the building, please do not arrive before 10:45 AM or after
11:15 AM (if you absolutely must arrive after 11:15 AM you will have to call
someone to be let into the building).

At the meeting, materials will be available in English and Spanish in a variety
of sizes, some of them in three-color, and pdfs will soon also be available in
Arabic, Urdu and Polish too.

Pdf's of all the English and Spanish language materials are posted at Chicago Indy Media website
    http://chicago.indymedia.org/newswire/display/92018/index.php
and soon will also be available at the
    http://ChicagoMassAction.org
website under the "Publicity Resources" button.

Thanks to Marcia and her crew, other improvements coming to the Chicago Mass
Action site within the next few days will be:

1)	A list of free and low-cost housing options for out-of-town march participants;

2)	A detailed, updated map of the entire march route, including public
	transit options, parking lots, and the location of the Friday, October 15th
	Teach-In (6:30 PM at Grace Place, 637 S. Dearborn Street).

3)	An updated and corrected "Transportation Centers" document which can
	help out-of-town participants meet and organize with others in their cities to
	pool resources for cheaper transportation to the October 15-16th events.  Three
	new cities have begun organizing transportation in their areas – Toledo,
	Champaign-Urbana and Bloomington-Normal – bringing to 16 cities besides Chicago
	and suburbs organizing for the event.  Please look at the "Getting to Chicago"
	page on the website to meet up with others in your area and perhaps march as a
	citywide contingent in the event;

And finally,

4)	An initial list of endorsers of the October 16th march.  If your group
	is not yet listed as an endorser, please email CCAWR at aol.com to arrange
	for this to happen.

PS  For those participating in Saturday's general meeting via conference call,
    please dial 218-936-4141 at 11 AM Central Standard Time,
    and when prompted, dial 1077953#