[Peace] Monday, April 4 / 4pm / Support Public Education and Public Workers and memory of MLK / Alma Mater

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:38:25 CDT 2011

TODAY! April 4th, 4 p.m. Join local teachers, students and educators
for a rally to be held at the Alma Mater.  This is part of a NATIONAL
day of action.  Across the country workers will be standing up for
their rights, staging work actions, rallies, and other creative
events.  Today's rally also honors the life of Dr. Martin Luther King,
Jr., assassinated on this day in 1968 while he fought for the rights
of garbage workers in Memphis. We remember his legacy as we continue
to fight for labor, education and the values of community. Be part of
this historic day!