[Peace] Worker's Rights Rally on Monday, 4/18 at noon

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 20:33:46 CDT 2011

--- On Thu, 4/14/11, David Amerson <d.m.amerson at gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

I wanted to let you know of a Worker's Rights rally being planned for
Champaign at Westside Park on Monday, April 18th, at noon.
The Champaign Tea Party is planning their "tax day rally" at that
time and location as well. Last year we counter-picketed the Tea Party
rally, and were able to divert media attention away from their
anti-worker message. Here's one example: http://www.dailyillini.com/news/champaign-urbana/2010/04/15/nonpartisan-group-attempts-to-spread-its-conservative-message-at-ra

This year the stakes are of course higher. Between
the attacks on collective bargaining rights across the nation, SEIU gearing up to strike the UIUC campus, and the Tea Party's advocacy for defunding Planned Parenthood and other essential community services, we are trying to rally local
support as much as possible. One aspect of that is, to our mind, not
allowing anti-worker/anti-woman forces such as the Tea Party to control the media
cycle, or to let their message pass without response.
If you know of any listservs or individuals that may be interested, please forward along.

Please let me know if you have any questions,comments or concerns,

David Amerson
d.m.amerson at gmail.com217-622-7929