[Peace] singing for peace -- practice *tonight* 8pm for Sunday's 1pm flash mob

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:35:17 CDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:37:08AM -0500, Karen Medina wrote:
> Join the Singing Flashmob

Yes, please come sing with us!

Practice tonight -- 8pm Friday 4/29 -- for those who'd like to,
at the Observatory on campus.  But its location isn't quite
as mentioned earlier -- the Observatory is at 901 South Mathews Ave,
just south of *Smith Hall* (not the Music Bldg, which is a couple blocks away).
It's a couple blocks south of the Red Herring, or just east of the
Undergraduate Library.

If the weather stays clear we'll watch stars afterward (but clouds are forecast).

We'll have lyric sheets for five songs suggested so far,

   Let There Be Peace On Earth
   Step By Step
   Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream
   Sixteen Tons
   Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

and tonight we'll pick which ones we actually want to sing on
Sunday -- May Day!

If you'd like a chance to practice but can't come this evening,
please write back & we can arrange another time.