[Peace] peace action suggestion: Call Gov. Quinn today and tomorrow and tell him to sign the bill (SB 3539)

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:22:40 CST 2011

I called. The woman who answered the phone was very nice. I noted that
I had read in the newspaper that Governor Quinn had said that he was
interested in my input:

"Anyone in Illinois who has an opinion, I'm happy to listen and
reflect and I'll follow my conscience," Quinn told reporters. If he
agrees to the ban, Illinois will be the first state since 2009 to
abolish executions.

- Illinois governor to "reflect" before death penalty decision
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110112/us_nm/us_executions_illinois_8