[Peace] action: Governor Quinn wants input about the bill abolishing the death penalty

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:27:14 CST 2011

Illinois Governor Pat Quinn said he’ll decide within a month whether
to sign a bill abolishing the death penalty.

The governor encourages people with opinions to contact his office.

The Illinois House and Senate General Assembly approved the bill
SB3539 ending the state’s death penalty. The bill moved on to Quinn's
desk January 11th, 2011, but Quinn hasn't decided whether to sign the
bill into law.

Quinn said, "the proper way to handle something as important as this –
to listen and then I will make a decision within the month."

Springfield Office - 217-782-0244

You can say, "I'm from [city] and I want Governor Quinn to sign the
bill to end the death penalty." SB3539

You can also sign a petition. There is a link from
http://www.icadp.org/ -- Illinois Coalition to Abolish the Death
Penalty. Their website also has more information.