[Peace] Rep. Tim Johnson, 2004 Fox Drive, Champaign

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 18 12:57:56 CDT 2011

Hi (Dr.) C. G.,

I just wanted to send *a friendly reminder to visit your local Congressional
offices tomorrow (Tuesday, July 19th) to oppose plans to cut Social Security and
Medicare benefits.*

It should only take a few minutes, and you can go at any time on Tuesday.

Don't forget to *download our information packet*
<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d4b0/4595702c/62191298/3dc64255/2018049905/VEsH/>
(PDF) with a sample script and talking points, and feel free to *use our
congressional office locator*
<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d4b0/4595702c/62191298/3dc6424a/2018049905/VEsE/>
to find your nearest offices.

Your participation in this effort is extremely important. Members of Congress
and the administration are crafting a plan that would take money directly out of
seniors' pockets and postpone retirement for others as part of the debt ceiling
negotiations.

If we want our elected officials to take our pledges not to vote for anyone who
cuts benefits seriously, we're going to have to confront them, face-to-face. Our
national day of action at local Congressional offices will produce a groundswell
of grassroots opposition to this plan that will be impossible to ignore.

Deepest thanks,

Brian Sonenstein
Digital Strategy Director
Firedoglake.com

PS: If you haven't already, please consider chipping in $5 to our online ad
campaign to protect the social safety net
<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d4b0/4595702c/62191298/3dc6424b/2018049905/VEsF/>.

Support our unique brand of independent media and kick-ass activism.
Become a member of Firedoglake for as little as $5 per month.
<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d4b0/4595702c/62191298/3dc64248/2018049905/VEsC/>

<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d4b0/4595702c/62191298/3dc64248/2018049905/VEsD/>

This email was sent to: cge at shout.net