[Peace] Fwd: Send Your Fax To Washington: The Big Lie Of Conservative Economics

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:45:29 CDT 2011

I hope that some of you will sign this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Pen <activist.thepen at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM
Subject: Send Your Fax To Washington: The Big Lie Of Conservative Economics
To: jbw292002 at gmail.com

It's come to this. Either more of us will howl and louder about the
ongoing debt ceiling debacle in Congress, or this country is headed
straight for the next Great Depression, do not pass go, do not
collect $200 (or its value adjusted by hyperinflation). The story
today is that that the regular phones in Congressional offices are
already jammed, but you can still get your message, "Hands off Social
Security and Medicare, End The Wars and Tax The Wealthy Instead",
through using our state of the art fax system.

Action Page: http://www.peaceteam.net/action/pnum1081.php

There was a certain demagogue in the last century who said the key to
a "big lie" was to keep repeating it until people no longer
questioned it. The big lie of our era is that tax cuts for wealthy
people creates jobs. Republican House Speaker Boehner recently stated
that the American people "know" that tax increases kill jobs. That's
what they keep telling us anyway, despite all empirical evidence to
the contrary. Because all we have had for the last 10 years are more
and more tax cuts for the wealthy, while the job market just keeps
deteriorating, and the Republican prescription is still, you guessed
it, MORE tax cuts for the wealthy. Unbelievably, the so-called gang
of six calls for actually reducing tax rates even more as a basic
plan to reduce the deficit.

The truth is that only one thing really creates jobs and that is when
people who are NOT wealthy, which is the majority and the rest of us,
have more money to spend on goods and services. Businesses hire more
people ONLY when they have more customers than they can handle with
their current work force. And the WORST thing they could possibly do
now is to decimate Social Security and to gut Medicare, two programs
that work, and operate with their own surpluses. These cruel proposed
cut backs would do nothing but take even more money out of the hands
of the poorest among us, those who can least afford it, and deposit
it in the pockets of self-interested corporations looking to take
over and profit off what has always worked best as government
services.

We PAID for these services, to create these surpluses that have been
raided to pay for foreign wars of sheer aggression still ongoing and
without end as far as the eye can see, to pay for bail outs of rich
Wall Street gamblers, to pay for hand outs to oil companies making
money hand over fist on their own. 15% of every wage dollar in
America goes into Social Security. We own this program, it's ours,
and any politician who even dares to suggest we cut anything from
either of these two programs, while there is a even a single unwanted
occupying soldier in the Middle East, while the rich pay even a
single penny less in taxes than during the 60s (when our overall
economy was booming), any such politician must be thrown out on their
ear in the next election.

Last War Crime Movie Production Progress Report

In the meantime, we have been working around the clock for months on
end on post production for the new feature length film, "The Last War
Crime", which finally tells the truth about what really happened in
the manufacturing of a false case for invading Iraq, and why Cheney
and his gang of intelligence cookers should have been, and should
still be, indicted for using torture to make that happen. After you
submit the action page above you can request one of the new bumper
stickers for the movie, and there is no charge, not even shipping,
unless you want to voluntarily make a contribution to help us finish
the production. Or you can get one directly here, where you can also
see and video clip from the movie's dramatic closing argument to the
grand jury.

Last War Crime Bumper Stickers:
http://www.peaceteam.net/bumper_stickers_lwc.php

The only reason it is taking longer than we would have liked to get
this out (we wrapped principal photography back in March) is because
we have such a high standard of what we want to final screen quality
to be. Dozens of scenes in the movie were shot against what they call
a green screen, with the intent that we would create photo-realistic
backgrounds for all the various White House offices and conference
rooms, etc. This green screen footage is incredibly tedious to
assemble to get the look we want, we'll probably end up with tens of
thousands of individual mattes, many of which must be touched up by
hand to get them as perfect as we want, and we have people working on
this around the clock.

But take heart. We are making substantial progress day by day, and
with your kind and enthusiastic support we will soon enough have this
movie in real theaters up on the big screen, mobilizing people to
finally demand some accountability for the war crimes that have cost
us our national honor, and now possibly our entire economy to pay for
it all.

And here is the Facebook link for the Protect Social Security and
Medicare action page further above.

[Facebook] Action Page:
http://apps.facebook.com/fb_voices/action.php?qnum=pnum1081

And this is the Twitter reply for this same action

@cxs #p1081

Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed
to be ours, and forward this alert as widely as possible.
Contributions to The People's Email Network are not tax-deductible
for federal income tax purposes.

If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so at
http://www.peaceteam.net/in.htm

Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the function
at http://www.usalone.net/out.htm