[Peace] > What was decided about the 4th of July parade?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:10:18 CDT 2011

AWARE people have been asking...
> What was decided about the 4th of July parade?

> Is there anything we should say about it on AWARE ON THE AIR?

The answer: we (collectively) simply don't know if enough people are
interested.
Jenifer Cartwright paid our entrance fee. Meg Miner has offered her
trailer, but does
not have a truck to pull it this year.

As far as I know, no meeting of the minds has occurred and all
communication is still via the peace lists with a few side
conversations of people saying they are interested in helping.
Jenifer and Don McClure have both been trying to round up interested
parties.

Stuart and Don had discussed having a meeting on Thursday at Stuart's
house (Don's apartment is too small). Plus the signs are at Stuart's
so people could go through the signs and find ones that might work or
that they might want to make. We have some Lincoln quote signs from
two years ago and some of the signs from last year (Eugene Debbs for
example).

Don has talked about contacting the two veterans against the war
groups to see if they are doing anything, but as far as I know he has
not reached out to them.

-karen medina