[Peace] Wed 10/12, 1pm: "About Face: Military Resisters Turn Against War" - Sarah Lazare - FLB 1080

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Mon Oct 10 19:57:21 CDT 2011

Sarah Lazare, a member of the Civilian Soldier Alliance and a graduate
student at the U of I, will be presenting a brown-bag lecture on her new
book about war resisters.  Here's the info from Sarah:

    This coming Wednesday, October 12th, at 1pm I am going to be giving a talk
    at the U of I about a recently-published book that I spent a few years of my
    life co-editing with my comrades Cindy and Buff. The book, entitled *About
    we did with active-duty military service members who refused to fight in
    Iraq and Afghanistan. We asked them why they refused to serve, what their
    personal transformations looked like, and what our anti-war movements can
    learn from the GI resistance movement. You are invited to come hear me talk
    about a project I care a lot about. Here are the details:

     CSAMES Brown Bag Lecture: "About Face: Military Resisters Turn Against War"
     Speaker: Sarah Lazare, Graduate Student, CSAMES