[Peace] celebration of activist and composer

Susan Parenti sparenti at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 11 13:10:30 CDT 2011

Hello AWARE friends---

Many of you know Mark Enslin as a long time activist in the area.

In addition to his activist work, he's also a composer of experimental
music and theater---and we'd like to celebrate him and his presence.

We're organizing a concert of the music and theater of our friend Mark
Enslin, and we'd love if you could attend. It's at the House Theater
House (122 Franklin in Urbana) and happens next weekend, Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday (sept 16-18th---repeat performances).

Here's the official invitation:

Enslin Fest is a weekend of the compositions and theater of Mark
Enslin. This event is the first in a series of concert-presentations
called "Glass of Wine with Brün," in honor of the late composer
Herbert Brün.

The three repeat performances will be held at the Herbert Brün House
at 122 Franklin Street in Urbana. Seating is limited (30 seats per
evening) so please RSVP by emailing Austin at theaustinmccann[at]gmail.

Friday September 16th 7:30pm
Saturday September 17th, 7:30pm
Sunday, September 18th. 2:00pm

Refreshments will be served.
$10 donation, though no one will be turned away for lack of funds.

For those unable to make the event or interested in recordings: we
intend to record audio and video footage of the event for
distribution. We invite you to donate to make this recording project
possible! Donating at least $20 to the Herbert Brun Society will get
you on the list. Please send a check written out to the Herbert Brun
Society, and mail it to 122 Franklin Street, Urbana Illinois, 61801.

Enslin Fest will be going on tour this fall! If you’re interested in
hosting us, please let Austin know at theaustinmccann[at]gmail!

Enslin compositions to be performed:
Unentitled for speaking pianist, 2002, Susan Parenti,
Sonata Quijada solo for percussion, 1988, Rick Burkhardt
The Ground Whereon for guitar, 2007, Andy Gricevich
Safety Nets II for one-person band, 2010, Jacob Barton
Believers Play, 1994, co-written with Joe Futrelle, two performers:
Danielle Chynoweth and Brook Celeste