[Peace] Sunday, May 20 - March with IVAW for justice and reconciliation outside NATO meeting in Chicago

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 04:49:45 UTC 2012

[Iraq Veterans Against the War invite you to join them Sunday, May 20
outside the NATO meeting in Chicago. -karen medina]

On May 20 IVAW Chicago wants you to join us as Afghanistan and Iraq veterans
from around the country converge in Chicago to march to the NATO summit and
ceremoniously return our medals to NATO generals. We were awarded these
medals for serving in the Global War on Terror, a war based on lies and
failed polices. This endless war has killed hundreds of thousands, stripped
the humanity of all involved, and drained our communities of trillions of
dollars, diverting funds from schools, clinics, libraries, and other public
services.

We are happy to announce that our permit to rally and march has been
approved by the City of Chicago. So IVAW calls on all service members,
veterans, Chicagoans, and everyone who believes in justice, dignity, and
respect for all peoples to join us in the streets for a nonviolent
demonstration and march.

When: Sunday May 20, 9AM  Rally and March

Where: Rally at Grant Park South of the Lincoln Monument (E. Balbo Ave. and
S. Columbus Dr.)

Read the full call to action at ivaw.org

Donate to help make this a successful demonstration:

Sponsor a veteran to cover the cost of travel and housing for a IVAW
member. We are organizing veterans from across the country to attend this
historic action and they need your help to attend ($300 covers the cost of
one veteran lets get 100 veterans out!).
Help cover the cost of the stage and sound for NATO (The stage and sound set
up will cost ruffly $2000).
Help cover the cost of promotion for our NATO action (Fliers and posters
printed at union shops will cost ruffly $800).

In solidarity,

Aaron Hughes - Organizing Team Leader

Iraq Veterans Against the War is a 501(c)(3) charity,
and welcomes your tax deductible contributions
To ensure delivery of IVAW emails please add webmaster at ivaw.org to your
address book.
© 2010 IVAW 630 9th Avenue Suite 807, New York, NY 10036. All Right
Reserved.