[Peace] Lisa Fay and Jeff Glassman...URBANA WINKS: AN INTENSIVE EXPERIMENTAL THEATRE LAB coming soon

ya'aQov yaaqovz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:32:53 UTC 2012

*

*coming soon*****

*sooner than you think*****

*(register now, its free)*****

*LISA FAY AND JEFF GLASSMAN *

will be ****

presenting****

* *

*URBANA WINKS: AN INTENSIVE EXPERIMENTAL THEATRE LAB*

*For one weekend only*

 ****

FRIDAY, MAY 4TH, 6-10:00 PM****

SATURDAY, MAY 5TH 1-4:00 AND 6-10:00 PM****

SUNDAY, MAY 6TH 1-4:00 AND 6-10:00 PM****

(Community showing at 8:00 pm Sunday)****

** **

The intensive is designed to engage****

 a diverse array of inquisitive community participants****

 in the experience of an intensive ****

Experimental Theatre Laboratory, ****

that moves through ****

the process of originating and ****

producing experimental theatre work.****

Open to adults ****

of ****

all levels of experience, ****

the intensive will culminate****

 in a ****

low-key community showing. ****

Folks with backgrounds in ****

all disciplines ****

are ****

 welcome ****

and ****

encouraged ****

to take the workshop.****

** **

The workshop is ****

able to be offered for ****

*FREE*

*HOWEVER* we do need you to *register* as space is limited.****

*To register please email *

*jeffglassman0 at gmail.com*

**(that's a zero)**

** **

The workshop will be held in downtown Urbana.****

The final location is still to be determined.****

Registrants will be notified.****

* *

The workshop is made possible ****

with generous funding and****

Paid for by the ****

City of Urbana

Arts Grant

*
*

*****About Lisa Fay and Jeff Glassman Duo*

** **

We are an originating, movement-based theatre duo, working togethersince
1991, who apply complex, composed structures to ordinary human behavior. The
performed results, ranging from humorous and disarming to mesmerizing and
disorienting, arise as metaphors for social processes. In the words of
others:****

** **

* “Lisa Fay and Jeff Glassman** have the consummate professionalism of a
longstanding comic team… their real intent is to go to the center of human
movement, habit and meaning...”       *

*                              Chicago Theatre Blog, Paige Listerud,
Chicago, 2011*

* *

* *

*“I think that Lisa Fay and Jeff Glassman belong in some kind of genius
category. …surreal vaudeville…One is reminded of silent film comedians and
European circus clowns, who hone their material to its essence.”
*

*New Orleans Times-Picayune,David Cuthbert, 2008*

* *

* *

*“…severe movements unexplored in dance or theater improvisation… hilarious
but intellectually challenging, simple in execution yet extremely difficult
to execute. *

*Lincoln Star Journal, John Cutler, 1997*

* *

* *

*“Dazzling sophistication …I’ve seen a lot of theater fail to reach this
virtuoso level of characterization.” *

*Village Voice, Kyle Gann, New York 1995*

--
*Lisa Fay and Jeff Glassman Duo
704 W. Oregon St.
JeffGlassman0 at gmail.com