[Peace] *cancelled* -- no Nursing Home discussion at Champaign County board tonight

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:54:15 UTC 2012

The Nursing Home referendum is *not* on the County Board agenda for
tonight, 8/7, fortunately.

This awful idea, which seemed intended to mislead voters to think that
the county nursing home was in terrible financial shape and needed to be
sold, was recognized as such and overwhelmingly voted off the agenda by
most of the Democratic Board caucus, I'm told.  At any rate, it's not
going to be discussed tonight (despite the agenda posted last Friday),
and is not expected to be revived for the November ballot.