[Peace] Free Community Workshop: Making Big Broadband Work for All of Us

Martin Wolske martin.wolske at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:48:55 UTC 2012

Workshop leader: Virginia Eubanks, SUNY-Albany
Saturday, September 15, 2012, 10am-Noon
Cost: Free
Douglass Library Meeting Room
Douglass Branch Library, 504 East Grove Street, Champaign

DESCRIPTION: This workshop will energize participants to take charge of information and communication technologies and organize in their communities for better health care, education, housing and wages. Framed within a national anti-poverty movement and campaign for economic human rights, this workshop enables participants to collect and share testimonies of survival and resistance from people on the margins. No technological skills are necessary to participate. Come share your story!

While there is no charge, please register by Sept. 14 so we can plan ahead. Registration contact: slirish at illinois.edu

Virginia Eubanks and Christine Nealon are members of Our Knowledge, Our Power: Surviving Welfare (OKOP) , a grassroots anti-poverty and welfare rights organization in the Capital Region of New York state, and trainers of Popular Technology Workshops. For more information, see http://www.populartechnology.org/ Virginia Eubanks's book, Digital Dead End: Fighting for Social Justice in the Information Age, was published in 2011.