[Peace] late notice, sorry!!! / Wednesday, 4pm / President of Free Press, Craig Aaron: The Future of Media ... and What You Can Do About It / Gregory Hall

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:42:37 CST 2012

[So sorry for the late notice!!! -karen medina]

Wednesday, February 8, 2012
4pm
Gregory Hall, room 213 / 810 South Wright Street / Urbana, IL
Free Press President and CEO Craig Aaron will talk about what Free
Press is doing to protect the public interest and will discuss the
latest happenings in Washington that are reshaping media and
technology.
We're at a critical moment. The decisions we make in the next few
years will determine whether we still have quality journalism, whether
the Internet remains free and open and whether our democracy continues
to flourish. Instead of leaving those monumental decisions to Rupert
Murdoch or AT&T executives, we can demand that the public have a
voice. Craig Aaron will talk about what Free Press is doing to protect
that voice and will discuss the latest happenings in Washington that
are reshaping media and technology.

Hosted by the Department of Media and Cinema Studies

Free and open to the public
http://www.freepress.net/event/94150/future-media-and-what-you-can-do-about-it