[Peace] FREE Film at The Art: Fordson: Faith, Fasting, Football

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 22:58:28 CST 2012

This looks like a wonderful documentary.

--- On Wed, 2/22/12, the.art.theater at gmail.com <the.art.theater at gmail.com> wrote:

                Free One Night Event, a screening of Fordson: Faith, Fasting, Football  (NR)

                A special FREE event on Monday, 2/27, at 7 PM.  We will show the documentary Fordson: Faith, Fasting, Football
.  This film follows the Fordson football team (in Dearborn, Michigan) as they prepare for a football game against cross-town rivals.  The twist is that many of Fordson's players are Arab-Americans, and the game takes place during the fasting holiday of Ramadan, and soon after an anniversary of the September 11 attacks.  The film shows us the lives of these players and the struggles they face.

                "Fordson, however, does not condemn the United States. It rather
                proudly affirms the American dream, reclaiming it for Muslims who see no
                conflict between their patriotism and their faith." - Paul Brunick in the NY Times

                We will have one of the film's producers in attendance: Ash-har Quraishi, U of I graduate and an Emmy-winning television journalist, writer, photographer and filmmaker.    A discussion will follow the show.

                Watch the trailer here.