[Peace] events: Every Revolution Has Its Square / Greek Film Festival / Foreign Aid in the New World / How can we sing--in a strange land? / occupy lunch / peace demonstration / and more

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:49:34 CST 2012

Some peace and justice events coming up (March 1, 2012 is the first one)

Every Revolution Has Its Square: Re-Politicizing the Unequal City
Thursday, March 01, 2012
4:00 pm.
Knight Auditorium, Spurlock Museum
600 South Gregory Street
Urbana
Erik Swyngedouw
MillerCom

Champaign Greek film festival, March 2 & 3 at the Art Theater

YMCA Friday Forum
Assisted Development: Foreign Aid in the New World
March 2, 2012
noon
YMCA / 1001 S. Wright Street, Champaign
Speaker: Ashwini Chhatre, Professor, Department of Geography,
University of Illinois

How can we sing--in a strange land?  In Search of Political Possibility
LAWRENCE GROSSBERG (North Carolina)
Fri March 2,
4pm,
Knight Auditorium, Spurlock Museum, 600 S. Gregory, Urbana
Unit for Criticism invites you to attend a CAS/MillerComm lecture
hosted by the Department of Media & Cinema Studies

Occupy Lunch — Saturday, March 3 at 12:30pm at Merry-Ann's Diner.

Peace Demonstration, Saturday, March 3, 2-4pm

March 9
Comparing Religions in the Anthropocene
Robert McKim, Professor, Department of Religion and Department of
Philosophy, University of Illinois
"The anthropocene," is a term that many are now giving our era, on
account of the scale of the human impact on the planet.  Robert McKim
offers a comparative look at some of the world’s religions with
respect to their helpfulness in guiding people as they deal with the
global environmental crisis.

Saturday, March 10
Flex-N-Gate speak-out
Channing-Murray
1pm

Occupy the Midwest, a convergence
March 15th-18th (Thursday through Sunday)
St. Louis, MO
 http://www.occupythemidwest.org/