[Peace] [sf-core] Fw: January 20th, 2012: list of other Move to Amend Events around Urbana Illinois,

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 19 19:34:50 CST 2012

Frankly, this strikes me as quixotic at best.

Any political movement that has as its aim shutting someone else up
(even if they're corporate shills) seems to be finally self-defeating.

The cure for bad speech, in the classic adage, is more speech.

If you don't believe in freedom of speech for views you despise, you
don't believe in it at all.

"Citizens United" may be best combatted by pointing out that the
corporate control of information produces lies - and exposing those
lies.