[Peace] 4th of July / AWARE's twist on the theme is "Celebrating the World's Youth" / help on the idea, please

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 12 03:48:28 UTC 2012

If we 'celebrate our/world's youth' in the Obama administration, it
should be the five-year-old Chris Floyd writes about this week:

'...for so many ... "good liberals" and staunch progressives, a five-
year-old girl with her guts gouged out by some coward with a joystick
10,000 miles away is an "immoral and hateful maniac" who deserves to
die, and whose very presence on the face of the earth justifies any
and all repressive measures to keep "our way of life" intact. "On a
temporary basis," of course. Just until all the maniacs have been
killed. Just until we "exterminate all the brutes."

'This is the spectrum of liberalism in 2012. On one end, "troubled" by
state murder - but not sickened, not outraged, not driven to furious
rejection of those who perpetrate such "unspeakable things." On the
other end, gleefully, joyfully accepting of the murder program,
exulting even in the killing of absolute strangers. After all, every
defenseless child eviscerated stealthily by a presidential drone is
"one less potential attacker of my country." The Leader protects us!
The Leader knows best! You go, Barry!

'These people are monsters. This is profoundly evil. All these people,
all those who collaborate and assist in such a program, have placed
themselves far beyond any limit of what can be designated as
civilization.'

<http://www.chris-floyd.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2251-unspeakable-things-the-liberals-clumsy-dance-across-obamas-killing-floor.html