[Peace] farmer's market, OcCUpy demonstration @ Mattis & Springfield, etc.

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 15 23:57:18 UTC 2012

AWARE + Occupy will be back at the Farmer's Market tomorrow, Saturday
the 16th -
please come talk with us, along with the ISO folks.

Some questions for the passing public: What have you heard about Syria?
Do you think the
US military should get involved to protect the Syrian rebels from their
government?
Do our drones kill only the most deserving militants?

OcCUpy will be occupying a street corner - 2-4pm Saturday as usual - at
Mattis and Springfield, the northwest corner -- the one closest to Chase
Bank.
If Chase Bank isn't there any more, ask Chris why.

Our application for a 4th of July parade entry went in today.
Recognizing the effects on the world's
youth of the troubles of war, and celebrating those who work for a
future of peace.  Something like that.
There have been many good suggestions, and lots of them can coexist I
think.   Anyone want to work on
making signs or designs, to carry as we march?