[Peace] Screening: Music from the Big House, July 1

Sharon Irish shrnirish at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 22:30:34 UTC 2012

Please direct any questions about this to:
Jessica Adams
Music From the Big House
Cache Film and Television
(1) 416 504 1444
jessica at cachefilmandtelevision.com <jessica at cachefilmandtelevision.com>

Please spread the word about the documentary "Music from the big House" which will be playing in Champaign on July 1st at the Art Cinema.

In MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE, Rita Chiarelli, Canada's Queen of the Blues,
takes a pilgrimage to the birthplace of the blues, Louisiana State Maximum
Security Penitentiary a.k.a Angola Prison - what used to be the bloodiest
prison in America. Rita's trip turns into a historic jailhouse performance
- playing with inmates serving life sentences. Their shared bond of music,
and Chiarelli's vivacious personality, draw striking revelations from the
inmates. Rather than sensational stories of convicts, we witness
remarkable voices of hope as their love of music radiates humanity and
redemption on their quest for forgiveness.

You can check out the movie's trailer on our website:
http://www.musicfromthebighouse.com/index.php?id=trailer

Rita Chiarelli will be at the screening on the 1st to conduct a Q&A as
well as sing a few songs! I have attached an e-postcard which has the
details for the screening! Feel free to pass this on to anyone you think
might be interested in the screening.