[Peace] Neptune occluded in July

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Sat Jun 30 12:28:04 UTC 2012

For more than 20 years "News from Neptune" has been a spontaneous and
unrehearsed discussion of the news of the week and its coverage by the
media.

For the last several years, our program has been presented each week
at 7p.m. Fridays (and repeated) by the good folks at Urbana Public
Television, but we're going to take a break for the month of July.

In our place you can see "World Tomorrow," a series of interviews
conducted by the head of Wikileaks, Julian Assange, while he was under
house arrest in London. The US government wants to prosecute Assange,
an Australian citizen, for revealing secrets about the US war crimes.
Prominent Congressmen have called for his execution - for practicing
journalism, regardless of the First Amendment.

In this series of programs he talks with a number of important people
not usually seen on television in the US - including Noam Chomsky, in
whose honor "News from Neptune" is named.

Chomsky has said that, in the American media, “either you repeat the
same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say
something true, and it will sound like it’s from Neptune.” The media
have responded by keeping him off radio & TV, but he and other
excluded figures are interviewed on the Julian Assange show.

I hope you'll watch "World Tomorrow," while Neptune is in occlusion -
and hoping to be back in August.

It's all meant to remind you, in the words of Edward de Vere,

"...what's past is prologue, what to come / In yours and my discharge."

--CGE