[Peace] ACLU of Champaign Urbana / tandish Kwame Willis to speak at Annual Meeting / April 1 luncheon

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:28:19 UTC 2012

Attorney Standish Kwame Willis to speak at Annual Meeting

_______

Join civil rights litigator Standish Willis at the ACLU Champaign
County Chapter Annual Meeting & Brunch

Tickets can be purchased at the door for $25 ($15 for students and
limited income) but we ask that you RSVP.

R.S.V.P.

Calling all Champaign area ACLU supporters and members! Mark your
calendars for the ACLU of Illinois Champaign County Chapter annual
meeting and brunch.

Sunday, April 1, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Milo's Restaurant
2870 S. Philo Rd.,
Urbana, IL
(Google map)

We are pleased to welcome Standish Kwame Willis, chair of the Chicago
Chapter of the National Conference of Black Lawyers, and noted civil
rights litigator. Mr. Willis will keynote our brunch meeting on
"Countering Torture, the Entire Assignment," reflecting on his
experience participating in dozens of police brutality cases and
trials in the State and Federal Courts.

Registration begins at 11:00 a.m. and brunch will be served
buffet-style from 11:30 - 12:15, providing ample opportunity to
discuss recent election results or chat with some of the Steering
Committee members about local priorities for the coming year.

We hope you will join Attorney Willis and the Champaign County Chapter
in looking ahead to another year of protecting civil liberties.

Sincerely,

Allie Carter
Advocacy & Outreach Director
ACLU of Illinois
HELP US PROTECT FREEDOM.
JOIN THE ACLU
Connect with the ACLU:
Facebook • Blog • Twitter • YouTube

This email was sent by the ACLU of Illinois to barkes at gmail.com.

We value your privacy. Read our Privacy Statement online. If you no
longer wish to receive these updates or would like to modify your
subscription preferences, visit the Subscriber Center.

© American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois · www.aclu-il.org
180 N. Michigan, Suite 2300 · Chicago, IL 60601 · (312) 201-9740