[Peace] CW Resistance Retreat

St. Jude Catholic Worker stjudecatholicworker at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:58:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

Just a quick update from the Catholic Worker Faith and Resistance
Retreat. Chicago has begun it's crack down. Starting today, Metra
riders are subject to searches and seizes at random. Amtrak will have
Secret Service agents on all trains into the city. Certain L lines
will have limited stops and many streets will be blocked for the
duration of the Summit. Now, with all of this information and the
understanding that Chicago PD has a notorious reputation you would
think we would not be in very high spirits. But we are very much high
on the spirit!

Today's action was the most positive and inspirational action I have
ever participated in. If anyone is still undecided about coming to
Chicago I urge you to join us. Join us, add strength to the voices
here! Please read the Common Dreams article about today. The article
includes the Catholic Worker Statement on NATO/G8 Summits.

In Love and Solidarity,

Carly Guerriero

St. Jude Catholic Worker
317 S. Randolph St.