[Peace] Movie Screening TONIGHT

SJP UIUC sjp.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:54:37 UTC 2012

Hello, all! We would like to remind you that we will be screening "Occupation
101: Voice of the Silenced Majority" *TONIGHT* in the Main Lounge of Allen
Hall at *7 pm*. Free pop and popcorn will be served, so we hope to see you
all there!

"Occupation 101: Voice of the Silenced Majority" is a 2006 documentary film
on the Israeli-Palestinian situation directed by Sufyan Omeish and Abdallah
Omeish, and narrated by Alison Weir, founder of If Americans Knew. The film
focuses on the effects of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza
Strip, and discusses events from the rise of Zionism to the Second Intifada
and Israel's unilateral disengagement plan, presenting its perspective
through dozens of interviews, questioning the nature of Israel
i-American relations — in particular, the Israeli military occupation of
the West Bank and Gaza, and the ethics of US monetary involvement.
Occupation 101 includes interviews with mostly American and Israeli
scholars, religious leaders, humanitarian workers, and NGO representatives
— more than half of whom are Jewish — who are critical of the injustices
and human rights abuses stemming from Israeli policy in the West Bank, East
Jerusalem, and Gaza.

--
*
*