[Peace] Tuesday Protest

SJP UIUC sjp.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:24:31 UTC 2012

*Hello everyone,*

In light of recent events in Gaza, we have decided to have an emergency
event the first Tuesday after break. Here are the details:

*Participants will meet at 11:30am on Tuesday (the 27th), in the foyer of
the Union by the stairs (just next to Jamba Juice)*. From there, every
participant will be briefed by either Jeremiah or Tariq, and will be either
given a sign, or their personally created sign will be approved for use.
>From there they will be sent out in a small group, between 2 and 4 people,
to wander the quad, or to be stationed in a specific spot. More specific
details will be given to each group so as to create the most effective form
of information.

This will continue until 2pm, *with rolling entry and exit allowed*, and
participants will be able to pick up and drop off signs as needed, as *one
coordinator will be in the Union foyer at all times*.

This unofficial event will be focused on *informing the student body on the
most recent events in Gaza, as well as issues with the situation in moving
forward*; we will have signs on topics such as the occupation being an
obstacle to peace, Israel's use of disproportionate force, inhumane
treatment of Palestinians, the blockade, etc. We will not engage in
discussion with observers, and the focus will be on the information on the
signs alone. Because of this, we need to have relevant and accurate
signs *(which
include our sources). *The executive board will be making several signs for
the event, however *we ask that you would take time to create one or two of
your own*, so that we have enough to distribute to all participants. We
encourage you to be creative with your signs, and to use important
information, however *we must be accurate, relevant, objective, peaceful,
and careful. *We will be the sole representatives of this unheard voice on
campus, and we must represent it well and justly.

We hope to see you there.

*For justice,
*
*
*
*Students for Justice in Palestine *
*University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign*