[Peace] YES: OcCUpy! Monday 7-8:30pm

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 05:33:50 UTC 2012

Hi folks-

So exciting, and so sorry I continue to have a class on mondays.

Karen and I recently discussed printing up and passing out flyers at malls
with 'questions to ask before you buy'. This is something I used to do for
buy nothing day more than a decade ago, and it remains relevant. I did some
research and can't find the original question set, but I/we could recreate
it. For example:
do you already have one?
how long will it last?
will you fix it if it breaks?
did you want it before you saw it today?

I consider this sort of action, and the 'buy nothing' efforts to be in the
category of occupying our decisions and occupying our economies. It of
course can be altered to 'buy nothing not local' or other such
modifications.

How to Buy Nothing
http://www.wikihow.com/Buy-Nothing

Buy Nothing Xmas
http://www.buynothingchristmas.org/index.html

Adbusters: Buy Nothing Day
https://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd

Huzzah,
elizaBeth

--
Elizabeth Simpson
Creative Intervention Agency

learn about my latest initiative:
Celebrate U-C People's History Poster Project
www.ucpeopleshistory.org

Please make a donation to support future posters:
www.tinyurl.com/ucphdonation