[Peace] don't forget about Students for Justice in Palestine event this Tuesday

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:15:53 UTC 2012

[don't forget about Students for Justice in Palestine event this Tuesday. kem]

Hello everyone,

In light of recent events in Gaza, we have decided to have an
emergency event the first Tuesday after break. Here are the details:

Participants will meet at 11:30am on Tuesday (the 27th), in the foyer
of the Union by the stairs (just next to Jamba Juice). From there,
every participant will be briefed by either Jeremiah or Tariq, and
will be either given a sign, or their personally created sign will be
approved for use. From there they will be sent out in a small group,
between 2 and 4 people, to wander the quad, or to be stationed in a
specific spot. More specific details will be given to each group so as
to create the most effective form of information.

This will continue until 2pm, with rolling entry and exit allowed, and
participants will be able to pick up and drop off signs as needed, as
one coordinator will be in the Union foyer at all times.

This unofficial event will be focused on informing the student body on
the most recent events in Gaza, as well as issues with the situation
in moving forward; we will have signs on topics such as the occupation
being an obstacle to peace, Israel's use of disproportionate force,
inhumane treatment of Palestinians, the blockade, etc. We will not
engage in discussion with observers, and the focus will be on the
information on the signs alone. Because of this, we need to have
relevant and accurate signs (which include our sources). The executive
board will be making several signs for the event, however we ask that
you would take time to create one or two of your own, so that we have
enough to distribute to all participants. We encourage you to be
creative with your signs, and to use important information, however we
must be accurate, relevant, objective, peaceful, and careful. We will
be the sole representatives of this unheard voice on campus, and we
must represent it well and justly.

We hope to see you there.

For justice,
Students for Justice in Palestine

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain