[Peace] [OccupyCU] YES: OcCUpy! Monday 7-8:30pm

Colan Holmes colanholmes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:28:25 UTC 2012

All,

I will not be able to make the meeting tonight, and would like to reiterate
a few ideas I tabled last meeting which are still seeking resolution.

1. When does OcCUpy meet as the GA (to table ideas), and when does it meet
as a working body (to follow through on ideas)? My proposal is that there
is a GA once a month, and all other meetings are dedicated to work on
agreed-upon activities.

2. There was talk of a social, and re-introducing the Peoples Potluck as a
monthly activity. I would like to second the idea of reintroducing the
Peoples Potluck, and couple it with my proposal that OcCUpy work on social
accountability by seeking to have a discussion on that at the first
potluck. I think this is an essential part of becoming "a movement of
leaders", instead of a movement with "the same old leaders".

3. Before we dive into a new political activity that involves the City
Councils, we have to remember that the referenda which passed on election
day have not yet been made into law. The City Councils still have to act on
the behalf of their constituents. I will be working with Michael on this
and bring this to the group when we have an idea of how to best move
forward.

I hope the discussion tonight is fruitful.

Solidarity,
Chandler