[Peace] Fw: Listen and watch Truth on Trial, Judge asks military "can't you be reasonable?"

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 21:15:39 UTC 2012

--- On Thu, 10/11/12, Bradley Manning Support Network <contact-bmsn at bradleymanning.org> wrote:

From: Bradley Manning Support Network <contact-bmsn at bradleymanning.org>
Subject: Listen and watch Truth on Trial, Judge asks military "can't you be reasonable?"
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 1:28 PM

#yiv1701726982 .yiv1701726982button a {
border-top:1px solid #96d1f8;background:#65a9d7;padding:7.5px 15px;text-shadow:0 1px 0;color:white;font-size:28px;font-family:Georgia, Serif;text-decoration:none;vertical-align:middle;}
#yiv1701726982 .yiv1701726982button:hover a {
border-top-color:#28597a;background:#28597a;color:#ccc;}
#yiv1701726982 .yiv1701726982button:active a {
border-top-color:#1b435e;background:#1b435e;}
#yiv1701726982 .yiv1701726982curvebox {
width:70%;border-style:solid;border-width:2px;margin:auto;}
#yiv1701726982 .yiv1701726982darkgrey {
font-family:Arial;font-size:18px;line-height:100%;text-align:left;color:#505050;}
#yiv1701726982 p, #yiv1701726982 ul, #yiv1701726982 li, #yiv1701726982 td {
color:#505050;font-family:Arial;}
#yiv1701726982 h2 {
text-align:center;}
#yiv1701726982 td p {
color:#505050;font-family:Arial;}

Truth On Trial audio, fundraising challenge update, David Coombs to speak publicly.

High quality audio from Truth on Trial, David Coombs to speak

Is this email not displaying correctly?
 View it in your browser.

Listen and watch high quality audio from Truth on Trial: a special fundraising event for Bradley Manning featuring guest speakers Jesselyn Radack, Thomas Drake, David House, Ann Wright and Chris Hedges. The event raised $6088 as part of our ongoing fund drive where all donations are being matched one-to-one. Please donate today.

A night of truth in an age of deception
“The truth is a scarce resource these days,” David House said to a packed auditorium at Georgetown University Law Center on Sunday, September 30. House spoke alongside some of the most important truth-tellers of our time, in defense of the digital generation’s most prominent (alleged) whistle-blower, PFC Bradley Manning.
Watch on Youtube.

Download and listen
(.mp3)
Download and listen
(.mp3)
Download and listen
(.mp3)
Download and listen
(.mp3)
Download and listen
(.mp3)

Jesselyn Radack, DOJ whistle-blower and a director at the Government Accountability Project, recounted her efforts to bring light to the Bush Administration’s illegality in prosecuting John Walker Lindh. Thomas Drake followed, with a stirring defense of telling the truth, even when it means contradicting the orders of your superiors, saying, “[We should] always, always, always, be questioning authority.” He applauded Bradley’s inspiring and democratic motives, contrary to the military’s claim that he’s somehow “aided the enemy.”
Read more...

Donate now to the Bradley Manning defense fund.
For more information about the defense fund
click here.

Fundraising challenge
We have raised $38,506 of our $50,000 goal. Only 25 days remain.  On September 26, we announced that the generous Brightwater Fund vowed to match donations to the Bradley Manning Support Network dollar for dollar until November 6, up to $50,000. In less than two weeks since then, we’ve already raised more than $30,000. A big chunk of that total comes from last weekend’s ‘Truth on Trial’ event, where we raised more than $6,000 and where an anonymous donor offered to match that night’s sum. Attendees bought copies of Chris Hedges’ and Ann Wright’s books, Bradley Manning posters and t-shirts, and made individual donations to the Support Network, which is fully responsible for paying Bradley’s legal defense lawyer David Coombs.
This is an excellent start to our matching challenge – we’re already nearly two-thirds of the way to our goal, with just under one month left to go. But we need to keep up this pace: with enough grassroots donations, we can continue and expand our campaign to raise awareness and publicity for the most important accused whistle-blower of our generation.

Here’s how you can help:
Make a tax-deductible donation to Bradley’s legal defense here.
Host a house party to show friends and family video from the Truth on Trial event
Check out our newly designed store for Bradley Manning publicity supplies.

Donate now to the Bradley Manning defense fund.
For more information about the defense fund
click here.

Upcoming events

Graham Nash: An evening of music and discussion for Bradley Manning”

An exclusive, first-ever presentation by Bradley Manning’s attorney David Coombs”

Friday, October 26, Los Angeles CA

 Sunday, November 25, Washington DC

Judge asks military "Can't you be reasonable?"
Center for Constitutional Rights
 lawyer Shayana Kadidal The CCR argued its case at the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces today for transparency in Bradley Manning's court-martial trial. Judges questioned why the government forced the issue to come to court at all, instead of simply making the documents public.
During oral arguments in the Center for Constitutional Rights’ lawsuit against the government seeking public access to basic court documents in Bradley Manning’s court-martial trial, judges for the Court of Appeals of the Armed Forces demanded the government explain why it wouldn’t simply provide these documents in the first place.
When Army lawyer Capt. Chad Fisher said that the court wasn’t constitutionally required to provide public access to documents like prosecution briefs, transcripts, and rulings, Judge Margaret Ryan interrupted him to ask what she called a “common sense” question.
“Why can’t you just give it to them? Instead of making this a constitutional case, why can’t you just be reasonable?”
Read more...

 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
unsubscribe from this list| view email in browser