[Peace] rally / tuition waiver protection for all graduate student employees / Friday, September 14, 2012; noon

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:44:41 UTC 2012

Rally in support of the Graduate Employees' Union / Campus Labor
Coalition at the University of Illinois
Friday, September 14, 2012
12:00pm
Quad side of the Illini Union, south of Green Street and east of
Wright Street in Urbana
This coming Friday, September 14 the Campus Labor Coalition will be
holding a rally to show the administration that the GEO will not back
down from contract negotiations.

For GEO, we demand tuition waiver protection for all graduate student
employees. This rally comes on the heels of our Illinois Educational
Labor Relations Board (IELRB) hearing on our Tuition Waivers
Arbitration where the state will almost certainly rule in our favor,
again!! The arbitrator was right: the university reneged on the
agreement they signed with us back in 2009 (the agreement we went on
strike for) when they took away tuition waivers for students in the
Fine and Applied Arts.

Please share this message with friends who are graduate employees,
students, campus union employees, or other supporters!