[Peace] [OccupyCU] [CentralILJwJ] pressuring Durbin on Social Security - Springfield road trip?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:02:39 UTC 2013

I don't think there is a deadline per se - it's ongoing.

One relevant date: MoveOn has put out a national call for actions at
Congressional offices Friday at noon. I am hopeful that someone(s) will
take responsibility for actions at Durbin's four offices in Illinois,
although I can't confirm that has happened yet. We are in the process of
emailing people around Illinois. I think press coverage and attention and
participation is more likely for actions that coincide with this date.

I set up an action for Rodney Davis's office in Champaign on Friday. It's
been my experience that people turn out to such things from the local
MoveOn list, and that local media are likely to cover them.

*Emergency mobilization to protect Social Security*
http://civic.moveon.org/event/events/hosts/index.html?event_id=138075&id=-6831705-BVj7lAx

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy