[Peace] Fwd: UCIMC is Hiring! Venue & Media Training Coordinator and a Finance & Building Coordinator.

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 05:35:10 UTC 2013

FYI!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Subject: UCIMC is Hiring! Venue & Media Training Coordinator and a Finance
& Building Coordinator.
To: Closed list for IMC Board of Directors Discussion <
imc-boardofdirectors at lists.chambana.net>, imc <imc at ucimc.org>, Radio Free
Urbana <rfu at ucimc.org>, Public i <print at ucimc.org>, IMC-Tech List <
imc-tech at ucimc.org>, "imc-makerspace at lists.chambana.net" <
imc-makerspace at lists.chambana.net>, "sdas-current at googlegroups.com" <
sdas-current at googlegroups.com>, "
discuss-communitycourtwatch at lists.chambana.net" <
discuss-communitycourtwatch at lists.chambana.net>

<-- please forward widely --->

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is hiring a Venue & Media
Training Coordinator and Finance & Building Coordinator to join our staff
collective. The collective reports to the board and supports and empowers
our volunteers and ensures the sustainability of our programs.

*The Venue & Media Training Coordinator *actively books and promotes
events, maintains communications infrastructure, and provides media
training and volunteer coordination. We are seeking someone with a
commitment to social justice, demonstrated experience in promotions and
event coordination, and the ability to teach and demystify technology. Read
the complete job description
here<http://www.ucimc.org/content/ucimc-hiring-venue-media-training-coordinator-and-finance-building-coordinator>
.
The Finance and Building Coordinator actively fills vacancies, handles
leases and venue contracts, organizes the finances and files, and manages
facilities needs. They direct a bookkeeper and maintenance personnel. We
are seeking someone with a commitment to social justice, strong customer
service and communication skills, with an attention to detail. Read the
complete job description
here<http://www.ucimc.org/content/ucimc-hiring-venue-media-training-coordinator-and-finance-building-coordinator>
.

The UC-IMC is a grassroots organization committed to using media, arts, and
technology to promote social and economic justice. We own the downtown
Urbana post office building where we operate a performance venue, art
gallery and studios, community radio station, media training facility,
public access computer center, and book/zine/costume library.

Our projects include WRFU, Makerspace Urbana, Books to Prisoners, public i
newspaper, ucimc.org, and a Computer Help Desk. The center is powered by
hundreds of volunteers who come together in a do-it-yourself spirit to
create media and art and transform our community.

Please send a cover letter and resume to imc.personnel at gmail.com. Questions
may also be directed to this address.

Read the complete job posting