[Peace] Comprehensive Immigration Reform rally at Congressman Davis' office 10am Tuesday, August 20th, 2013

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:59:23 UTC 2013

Upcoming peace events:
[Stuart mentioned these in an earlier email, but I thought I would
break them out into a subject about upcoming events...

10AM Tuesday, Aug 20th, 2013:
Comprehensive Immigration Reform rally at U.S. Representative Rodney
Davis' local office, 2004 Fox Drive, Champaign, Illinois (the same
place Tim Johnson's office was).

This event is organized by the local Immigration Forum. We encourage
anyone interested in humane comprehensive immigration reform to attend
this rally, to help press Rodney Davis to support the cause.

In order to pass, Republicans have to vote for humane reform, the
Democrats aren't enough. Rodney Davis is a Republican who is taking
serious the "be more independent than a party follower" lessons he has
learned from Tim Johnson.

For what it is worth, in Peoria, Illinois People's Action recently got
Aaron Schock, a right-wing Republican, to agree to support having a
path to citizenship. But we need more.

Also, here are a couple of quick surveys to send to Rep. Rodney Davis
of the 13th district regarding Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR).
 This might help counter the anti-immigrationresponse he is getting
from some of his more conservative constituents.  Easy and fast.
A specific Immigration Forum effort: http://chn.ge/12UjwwR

I noticed that the C-U Immigration Forum blog is a bit out of date,
but here it is: http://immigration-forum.blogspot.com/

Media Contact     Ricardo Diaz            Press at cuImmigrationForum.org