[Peace] Sign ideas for the demonstration today:

Rohn Koester rohnkoester at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:11:25 UTC 2013

We could take the NYT propaganda from yesterday ("Aim of U.S. Attack:
Restore 'Red Line' That Was Blurred") and just create a sign that is the
opposite of any given paragraph:

Paragraph 1: "The goal of the cruise missile strikes the United States is
planning to carry out in
Syria<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/syria/index.html?inline=nyt-geo>
is
to restore the smudged “red line” that President
Obama<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/o/barack_obama/index.html?inline=nyt-per>
drew
a year ago against the use of poison gas."

Sign 1: "Grudges Make Smudges / BUILD A LASTING PEACE NOW"

Paragraph 2: "If carried out effectively, the strikes may also send a
signal to Iran that the White House is prepared to back up its words, no
small consideration for an administration that has proclaimed that the use
of military force remains an option if the leadership in Iran insists on
fielding a nuclear weapon."

Sign 2: "War Is NOT Communication / War Is the DEATH of Communication"

Paragraph 3: "But the military strategy that the Obama administration is
considering is not linked to its larger diplomatic strategy of persuading
President Bashar
al-Assad<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/a/bashar_al_assad/index.html?inline=nyt-per>
of
Syria to yield power and support negotiations that would end the bloody
civil war."

Sign 3: "How Much Money For Diplomacy? / How Much Money for War?"

Paragraph 4: "Even if the American-led attack includes allied aircraft, the
options that appear to be under consideration by Mr. Obama for Syria — one
or two days of cruise missile strikes from at least four United States Navy
Arleigh Burke-class destroyers in the Mediterranean Sea — would not amount
to the sort of open-ended campaign that might compel Mr. Assad to negotiate
a transfer to a transitional government."

Sign 4: "We Are Already at War With Syria / END THE WAR NOW"

Paragraph 5: "'The kind of attack the administration appears to be planning
will demonstrate to Syria and to others that there is a cost the United
States is willing to impose for crossing clearly established American red
lines and violating widely held international norms,' said Richard
Fontaine, the president of the Center for a New American Security, a
centrist research center."

Sign 5: "A Cruise Missile Is Not Your 2nd Grade Teacher"

See what I mean? See ya'll there at 5pm.

Rohn