[Peace] Press release

ya'aQov yaaqovz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 17:01:07 UTC 2013

David Green,

While I firmly support P5+1 talks with Iran, I am not convinced of your
support.  I have often heard you   supporting Palestinian propaganda
slogans, as long as they were against, as you put it, Israel and AIPAC.  By
'Israel' you  shortcut  to 'Zionists', 'bad guys'. So I knew what you were
against.   But I don't quite know what you are for.   Would you please
state what you consider 'Palestinians' and what you think would be helpful
to the Palestinians? I would appreciate your limiting your answer to one
paragraph.  Thank you,

Ya'aqov Ziso

*On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com
<davegreen84 at yahoo.com>> wrote:*

> *This was sent to 27 editors and reporters in IL-13.*
> *Press Release: David Green supports P5+1 talks with Iran and opposes
> attempts to undermine them with further sanctions against Iran*
> *David Green, candidate for U.S. Congress in IL-13, agrees with a
> statement by antiwar activist Media Benjamin
> <http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/12/27-1> regarding a positive
> development in 2013:*
> *“Talks with Iran are progressing, despite Israel and AIPAC’s objections.
> The P5+1 group of Britain, China, France, Russia, the United States and
> Germany has made great headway in finding a solution to diffuse the crisis
> around Iran’s nuclear program. Negotiators are anxious to take advantage of
> the opening represented by the election of a moderate Iranian leader,
> President Hassan Rouhani. Sadly, a group of both Democrats and Republicans
> in Congress, along with the AIPAC lobby, threaten to derail the talks by
> pushing for greater sanctions against Iran. If we can move ahead with
> talks, 2014 could be the year we finally ditch the Bush-era “axis of evil”
> treatment and build friendly relations with Iran.”*
> *The primary Republican sponsor of the Senate bill that threatens greater
> sanctions against Iran is our own Senator Mark Kirk. David Green firmly
> opposes his dangerous and potentially destructive efforts, and calls upon
> his opponents in the Democratic Party for U.S. Congress in IL-13 to do the
> same—or to clearly state their reasons for doing otherwise.*

*-- *

      *ya'aQov ziso *