[Peace] report back from the AWARE demonstration yesterday afternoon

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:38:43 UTC 2013

It was a lovely demonstration. One woman hugged Doug for being there.
A tiny mouse visited Stuart and Karen.

5 demonstrators attended, for various lengths of time. It was cold and
windy if one was standing still, so it was a warming experience to
hand out flyers.

Lots of people said that we were preaching to the choir, but several
people said things like:
* "We [the United States] would never go to war for profit; we would
only go to war if absolutely necessary."
* My son is in the Army, so I can't be anti-war.
* The U.S. military is stopping people from dying.

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Stuart Levy <stuartnlevy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, as mentioned a few days ago, we are having a Ground Hog Day edition of
> the AWARE demonstration, as usual - 2-4PM today, the first Saturday of Feb.,
> at the usual Main & Neil corner.
>
> Please come by if you can, and stand to protest endless repetition of
> endless war....

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain