[Peace] [CentralILJwJ] You're Invited To The Transitional Town Hall!

Germaine Light via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Tue Dec 9 16:29:33 EST 2014

Hello, friends!  Please forward this invitation below......from Carol Ammons, State Rep-elect of the 103rd House District,,,,,on to all members!  Thanks! -- Germaine Light

Election Day wasn't the finish line. It was the starting line. We have said from the beginning - we’re not running a campaign, we’re building a movement and it’s time to take this movement to the next level.

At the top of the agenda for the 103rd is securing a permanent ban on chemical waste dumping above the Mahomet Aquifer and updating the funding source for our 911 emergency system, currently it is running a yearly deficit and this is a vital piece of our infrastructure we need to keep strong. For more information about these projects and for an opportunity to tell me what you think we need to work on, please attend the Transition Town Hall meeting with myself and current State Representative Naomi Jakobsson on Thursday, December 11th at 6PM at the Champaign Public Library.

The team we put together to reach this victory was truly something special—and it is going to take this team, and hopefully new team members, working together to bring positive change to Illinois. If WE are going to continue to Raise the Wage it is going to take all of us. If we are going to bring a Progressive Income tax to Illinois it is going to take all of us. We need you with us now more than ever.

That’s why I’m asking you to make a donation to support our political training program for local community members. We want to make sure everyone stays engaged and involved and we want to bring in new people, people who have historically felt shut out of politics. Your contribution today can make that happen.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and I look forward to being your State Representative. And once more - thank you for being a part of the people’s campaign.

Sincerely,

Carol Ammons
State Representative-Elect of the 103rd District
Carol at CarolAmmonsForStateRep.com

Paid for by Carol Ammons for State Representative.  A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Election is available on its official website (http;//www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.