[Peace] David Green press release

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 16:46:29 UTC 2014

January 12, 2014
David Green
for Congress
Press release: David
Green supports CPC “Back to Work Budget.”
David Green, candidate for U.S. Congress in the Democratic
Party primary in IL-13, expresses his support for the “Back to Work Budget” of the Congressional Progressive Caucus as
proposed last March (2013):
“The Back to Work
Budget invests in America’s future because the best way to reduce our long-term
deficit is to put America back to work. In the first year alone, we create
nearly 7 million American jobs and increase GDP by 5.7%. We reduce unemployment
to near 5% in three years with a jobs plan that includes repairing our nation’s
roads and bridges, and putting the teachers, cops and firefighters who have
borne the brunt of our economic downturn back to work. We reduce the deficit by
$4.4 trillion by closing tax loopholes and asking the wealthy to pay a fair
share. We repeal the arbitrary sequester and the Budget Control Act that are
damaging the economy, and strengthen Medicare and Medicaid, which provide high
quality, low-cost medical coverage to millions of Americans when they need it
most. This is what the country voted for in November (2012).”
David also agrees with Representative Jan Schakowsky
(Chicago), a member of the CPC’s budget caucus, in her recent rejection of the
Ryan-Murray budget “compromise.” She was one of 32 Democratic congresspersons
to vote against this austerity plan, and
the only one from Illinois.
David calls on his opponents, George Gollin and Ann Callis,
to express their views on both Ryan-Murray and the Back to Work Budget.