[Peace] Fwd: [Discuss] imMEDIAte Justice: Media Workshop Sat. July 26

Karen Medina via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Tue Jul 1 15:44:13 EDT 2014

The IMC is hosting a media training workshop to support local social
justice work. Attendees will leave knowing how to produce and
broadcast radio, craft an investigative journalism piece, and use
social media to amplify our work. This workshop launches the Illinois
Prison Phone Justice campaign.

imMEDIAte Justice: Media Workshop
Saturday, July 26 • Independent Media Center
202 S. Broadway, Urbana

Radio Production on WRFU
10am - noon
Learn how to produce awesome, clean audio with free software and
broadcast live on our low-power radio station WRFU 104.5 FM.  Led by
DJs BJ Clark & Neil Parthun.

Community Journalism
1- 3pm
Find how out how to write an article, cover community issues, conduct
an interview, and file a public records request.  Led by Public i
writer Brian Dolinar.

Social Media
3 - 5pm
Become an expert on social media with this training by Amanda Hwu, UI
prison justice organizer.  Learn how to promote your events and
increase your profile on Facebook and Twitter.

Cost: $5-25 sliding scale.  Ages 13 and up welcome.
Space is limited. RSVP by July 18th to chyn at ucimc.org.

Hosted by the Prison Phone Justice Project of the UCIMC, a member of
the Media Action Grassroots Network. www.ucimc.org

See the attached flyer!