[Peace] Fwd: [JVP-Chgo-Appeals] Monday JUL 21: Call-in day for Gaza - Act Now!

Niloofar Shambayati via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Mon Jul 21 14:20:04 EDT 2014

This is the least we can do.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elaine Bachman elaine.reva at gmail.com [JVP-Chgo-Appeals] <
JVP-Chgo-Appeals at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [JVP-Chgo-Appeals] Monday JUL 21: Call-in day for Gaza - Act
Now!
To: JVP-Chgo-Appeals at yahoogroups.com

hi, Egyption embassy is not answering the phone , anyone get thru ?

Elaine

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Burton Steck brtn at comcast.net
[JVP-Chgo-Appeals] <JVP-Chgo-Appeals at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
> AH 64 helicopters to attack Gaza. Boeing’s headquarters are located in
> Chicago. Contact Boeing at (312) 544-2140 and demand they stop giving
> Israel weapons to use against civilians in Gaza.
>
> Visit this link to see other corporations that are involved in the current
> attacks on Gaza. Look for a corporation near you if possible and call them
> and protest at their offices:
> http://afsc.org/resource/us-corporations-complicit-current-attacks-gaza
> <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fafsc.org%2Fresource%2Fus-corporations-complicit-current-attacks-gaza&h=GAQFiegtb&enc=AZM5vATJQlnT0Q52wl2l9Z8DV_9IC_gNtC9DV-ADClHI99i2ne17TRWwmmse9SPjJ0k&s=1>
>
> 4. Call your U.S. Senators and ask that Congress demand an end to the
> siege of Gaza. If you're from Illinois, call Senator Dick Durbin at his DC
> office at (202) 224-2152 and his Chicago office at (312) 353-4952.
>
> If you're not from Illinois, please look up your senator and ask the same.
> You can find your senators at
> http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
> <http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.senate.gov%2Fgeneral%2Fcontact_information%2Fsenators_cfm.cfm&h=cAQE3fONf&enc=AZNsis3m5jrqThi9g9-oWEGiav4MszHcH3IIXyIDMy5lQDk0NWOo_fLhlBdbbP-tt7w&s=1>
> .
> ------
>
> Since July 8, 2014, Israel had launched an intense and disproportionate
> bombing campaign and land incursion of the Gaza Strip, “Operation
> Protective Edge”.
>
> In Gaza, 1.7 million Palestinians live in what is often referred to as an
> “open-air prison.” All of Gaza’s borders are restricted, including the side
> bordering the Mediterranean Sea, which is controlled by Israel. Israel has
> imposed an eight-year blockade on Gaza, making it extremely difficult and
> even impossible for Palestinians to go in and out of the Gaza Strip. Access
> to water, electricity, and basic goods have also been extremely limited.
>
> In the latest operation, approximately 400 Palestinians have been killed
> thus far, the vast majority of which are civilians, including children and
> women. Thousands have been injured. About 20 Israeli soldier have been
> killed.
>
> Israel has dropped bombs on civilian homes in Gaza, killing entire
> families. Schools, hospitals, and rehabilitation centers have also been
> attacked, killing students, doctors, and disabled patients.
>
> Thousands of Palestinians have been left displaced and homeless due to of
> the damage to their homes from Israeli airstrikes. Electrical damage from
> the attacks has further crippled already inconsistent access to electricity
> in Gaza.
>
> Palestinians have lived under 47 years of Israeli military occupation, and
> 66 years of ongoing colonization, dispossession, and apartheid.
>
> Please take action to support human rights and end Israel’s impunity.

 __._,_.___
  ------------------------------
Posted by: Elaine Bachman <elaine.reva at gmail.com>
------------------------------
•  Reply to sender
<elaine.reva at gmail.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5BJVP-Chgo-Appeals%5D%20Monday%20JUL%2021%3A%20Call-in%20day%20for%20Gaza%20-%20Act%20Now%21>
•  Reply to group
<JVP-Chgo-Appeals at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5BJVP-Chgo-Appeals%5D%20Monday%20JUL%2021%3A%20Call-in%20day%20for%20Gaza%20-%20Act%20Now%21>
• Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JVP-Chgo-Appeals/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYjRkcHExBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIzODM2OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQwNTk1NjkwMQ-->
• Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JVP-Chgo-Appeals/conversations/topics/5021;_ylc=X3oDMTM0OXNpN3FiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIzODM2OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BG1zZ0lkAzUwMjIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDA1OTU2OTAxBHRwY0lkAzUwMjE->
(2)
 ------------------------------
  New Polling Options - Get Out the Vote!
<http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/89143255831/add-your-own-voting-options-to-a-poll-question>
You can now add a new option in an existing poll and vote directly from
email

<http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/89143255831/add-your-own-voting-options-to-a-poll-question>
  ------------------------------
   Yahoo Groups
Control your view and sort preferences per Yahoo Group
<http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/>
You can now control your default Sort & View Preferences for Conversations,
Photos and Files in the membership settings page.

 Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JVP-Chgo-Appeals/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaGdmbWRsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIzODM2OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQwNTk1NjkwMQ-->

 [image: Yahoo! Groups]
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMnAwMW9uBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzIzODM2OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNDA1OTU2OTAx>