[Peace] why is the demonstration on Sunday? because the Progressive Fest 3 is on Saturday

David Green via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Mon Jul 28 08:35:03 EDT 2014

I cannot attend the Progressive Fest,  but I cordially advice all those who identify as progressives to join the demonstration on Sunday afternoon, and voice their opposition to the American government's crimes around the world, especially in its support of Israel. The meaning of the word "progressive" must include this aspect; otherwise it has been essentially co-opted by those who represent corporate and military-industrial interests; I fear that that is in effect the case in Champaign County. Unfortunately, true progressives have no serious choices in relation to the national offices that are being contested in our area.

DG