[Peace] Fwd: #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS RALLY

SJP UIUC sjp.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue May 6 20:14:54 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yazen Affaneh <yaffan3 at illinois.edu>
Date: Tue, May 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Subject: Fwd: #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS RALLY
To: Sjp Uiuc <sjp.uiuc at gmail.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gershenfeld, Susan C <sgershen at illinois.edu>
Date: Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Subject: #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS RALLY

PLEASE SHARE WIDELY

*On April 14, 2014, over 200 girls were abducted from their boarding school
in Nigeria by a terrorist group, Boko Haram, that may be selling them as
brides for $12 each. This is really systematic rape and slavery. The
abducted 200+ girls are victims of an ongoing conflict that they did not
create, and their voices need to be heard.*

*Please sign & share the petition. This petition calls on the Nigerian
government and all enabled international parties to immediately rescue
them.*

http://www.change.org/petitions/over-200-girls-are-missing-in-nigeria-please-help-find-them-bringbackourgirls?recruiter=2172591&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

*RALLY WEDNESDAY MAY 7, 2014 ON THE QUAD AT THE UNION*

*4:30-6:00PM*

[image: cid:image001.png at 01CF688D.DE560310]

*We, the African Student Organization (ASO) at the University of Illinois,
assembled here in Urbana-Champaign are conscious of our responsibilities to
the problems facing our continent and demand immediate and swift pressure
be brought to Nigeria’s government to provide safety and security to its
citizens as well as Economic Community of West Africans (ECOWAS), the
African Union, United Nations, and other Pan African and international
organization to search for the 200+ abducted school girls.*

*We further assert and proclaim the unity among ourselves and our
solidarity to mobilize collectively with Africans and friends in order to
realize our common objective. We therefore affirm our dedication to the
cause that we have proclaimed.*

*#BringBackOurGirls #SavingOurSelves #StopHumanSexTrafficking #UIUC*

Ifeyinwa (Ife) Onyenekwu

*Resident Director- Busey Evans Hall*

*UNIVERSITY HOUSING* | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

*Mail:* 105 Evans Hall, MC-040 | *Office:* 102 Evans Hall

1115 W. Nevada St | Urbana, IL 61801

Phone: (217) 300-5006 | Fax: (214)244-7952

onyenkw2 at illinois.edu|www.housing.illinois.edu

*NOTE: Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written
communication to or from University employees regarding University business
is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.*

**Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

--
*Students for Justice in Palestine *